Thoughts of gratitude always brings me into my heart space and I often recommend suggest to my friends & clients that they embrace the energy of Gratitude to learn how to be more present in the heart chakra. The following is a guided meditation to activate the heart chakra. Read it through and then practice it on your own. Its easy and only takes a few minutes. Do it daily if you’d like or anytime you want to shift into the heart space.
1. Start by assuring you are in a space where you can be relaxed and undisturbed for 5 minutes (no tv, computer, phone etc)
2. Get yourself into a comfortable seated position and then start paying attention to your breath allowing your breathing to bring you into your center. let go of any thoughts your hanging onto, just breathing, relaxing and enjoying the space of BEING.
3. When you’re ready, shift your awareness to the heart chakra. Just intending to be present in your heart will be enough to create the shift. Now imaging that you are breathing in and out through the heart chakra. this will bring you even more into your heart space. Let your heart chakra breathing encompass the full radius of your body (front, sides, back).
4. as you inhale, imagine that you are inhaling healing, nurturing energies from spirit, god, universe, source -whatever you resonate with, taking that energy into your heart chakra with your breathing.
5. on your exhale, radiate the energy of Gratitude for the many blessings in your life, again in a full radius around your body.
6. Repeat the breathing for as long as you want. When you are ready to discontinue simply stop the visualization but maintain presence in your heart space.
7. take notice of any shift you feel within yourself. compare how you felt before and after the meditation in order to send a conscious message regarding the recognition of higher vibrational energies. this will help you to reconnect with the energy of the heart chakra easier next time.